How to join LOFA
By becoming a member of LOFA you will become part of an inspirational association of companies all focused on the Outdoor Living Industry. You will gain access to a wealth of business benefits from savings for events and services to sharing best practice with other members as well as nurturing further growth through prospective customers.
We welcome companies trading in barbecues and / or their accessories, garden furniture, garden lighting, fire pits, chimeneas, parasols, outdoor play equipment, soft furnishings and all associated outdoor leisure products.
LOFA Membership requirements
You will need to be one of the following:
- A UK or Irish based manufacturer.
- A distributor of an exclusive brand, holding stock in the UK or Ireland.
- A non-UK based company with a subsidiary or an authorised representative operating in the UK or Ireland.
Your operation will be Product Sales:
- Business should be conducted commercial premises or a registered office.
- Distribution warehouse must hold stock.
- Brand name cannot be represented more than once.
- Business through your own retail premises i.e. Direct to the public or via your own website should not be more than 40% of your total product sales.
- Business must have been trading for 2 years or more.
If you manufacture, import or supply any form of cushions as part of your product portfolio you will be required to join the LOFA Assured Scheme - a safety initiative to ensure all cushions sold by LOFA members comply with current Government Fire Safety Regulations. This will involve a full audit of your FFSR (1988) compliance by an independent auditor as a pre cursor to membership being approved. Potential members will be charged for this audit before the audit takes place.
LOFA Membership Fees
Joining fees are based on your annual turnover
0 - £0.5m - £150
£0.5m - £1m - £250
£1m - £5m - £350
£5m upwards - £550
Yearly fees - £550
LOFA Assured Audit Fees - £500